Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lucky to be born in Bharat!


This has been circling in my mind since quite sometime.
I Love India.
Most youngster think that India is the worst place to do a post grad and work etc.
There is too much politics so everything is difficult and most of them go abroad for further studies and then work outside India only. That may help India reduce the population :)
I had been in US for 2+ years and I agree that life is easy and comfortable in the US.
Now lets look at it from a different perspective.
We are born and bought up in India. What do we have here which cannot exist anywhere else?
Describe your childhood to anybody outside india, I am sure he would agree that you are lucky to have such a childhood.
The games we played, the festivals we celebtrated, the enthusiasm we carried is simply non-existent in other parts of the world.

Everything is difficult in India, right from riding a motor cycle to getting your passport.
Does this mean - it is bad? The answer is "NO".
This actually means that if you can ride in India, you can ride anywhere in the world but vice-versa is not true.
Ask a US citizen to drive in India, he will give up. Ask Indian citizen drive in US, he will fly :)
So Ironical that I could not teach my wife to drive in US (even when it was so easy). But I could teach her in India. This is because of the small lanes where there are no cars, you can use the same to learn driving ;)
Do you find the same in US? If you find one, you will find a police man patrolling it and you will be screwed.
Talk about the variety food that you get in India, I can bet there is no better place then India for good food.

US home loan market crashed to no limits. We also have huge home loans, but did the same happen to the same sector in India? It did not happen because we are conservative and that saved us. We still fear taking loan and we want to pay it back as soon as possible and that is the "honesty" we carry in ourselves.

I can go on to tell things which makes us what we are today? The best and miles ahead of other countries in some way or the other. So lets be proved of it.

India is blessed by the nature, it has mountains on one side and sea on another. Nature protects us and we are lucky to be born in "Bharat"

4 comments:

Abhijit Potnis said...

Somehow I didn't like the comment you started the whole post with "I know most of us do not like many things about India. "

I dont think its true that "most of us do not like"

Lets not generalize...I never get this feeling. Of course your blog continues to explain 'few of the many' reasons... why !!! I thought the opening comment was unwarranted...

himanshu said...

I agree with you. In fact all of them I had send this do like India ;) So, Point taken and it will be revised.

Abhijit Potnis said...

Hey, thanks for changing content...It appeals to me even more...

I always felt that this bit of uncertainty makes all of agile...Look at it this way, when I set out to work I plan to take bus and then the local train...As it may turn out, I may not get the bus and quickly take the decision to grab a rickshaw...Reach the station to realize I missed my regular slow train, I decide to jump onto fast train and reach office...This process is part of our life and we adapt to situation so quickly...

remember what happened in US sometime ago ??? When Bush got elected ??? They had no idea how they can cope up with manual process of vote counting...remember the electricity went off in few cities in US...Entire thing collapsed...Power shut-downs are routine in Maharashtra now a days...And we work accordingly...

I am not saying this is good sign but I want to look at positive side of it...This makes us more agile and ready to cope up with any challenge...

You summed up well in your post too...

cheers

Abhijit

NIRAV said...

Good one, keep it up himanshu. I really liked the post, it made me happy.
I have no doubt that India have more pluses than negatives to keep the balance in right direction.
Let us not be too much critical about analysing negative side of India but rather focus on positive than everything will be fine.
Mera Bharat Mahan
Cheers
Nirav