Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Truth Vindicated Series - Social Conditioning

Truth Vindicated -
(Most of the portion of this post comes from one of my dearest friend Sameer, so kudos to him for the same)

Social Conditioning

Ready steady Go! HimK in 2nd position, Knight rider in 1st position and Foxy P in last position.
HimK has taken the lead is in 1st position and Knight rider is now at 2nd position. This is the final furlong and its looks like a close race. Oh no! it’s getting too excitingggggg....dunno who is going to win? It’s a photo finish, and only one winner!

That’s how I was born.

It wasn’t three horses-- it was a race with almost 3 million sperms that I had to defeat in a race lasting 30 seconds. It was the scariest moments in my life. You cannot imagine the relief I went through as I entered the egg and as I looked back into the distance, I shed a tear for the millions of my brothers or sisters that did not make it and perished along the way.

31 years later, and I am awaiting birth of my 2nd kid. Yeah, again a winner will be born.

Many of us are still in the race. We actually never realized that we have already won. We still fight for our place in society, trains, buses, office. We all are still a sperm. I know most of the you will revolt when you read it. But ask a person who has just lost his job, I bet he will agree that he is fighting for his place. So let’s look at the sperms we have around us. CEO in his nice cabin looking to keep his position, Sperm!, Foot ball player running after the ball, Sperm!, Politician, Looking to keep his seat, Sperm!. (While many of us may not realize that we are still fighting for our space simply because things may come easy to us that do not mean we are not part of it). The social conditioning has gone beyond limits so that we are in constant race in our life.

But I have revolted to this social conditioning. I was born a winner and the race is over. I have won the biggest race of life, and that is to be born. So do not tell me that I still have to struggle for everything.

I think this fear of loss of egg (in our first ever race) is so intrinsic that it immediately manifests when we see something which is scarce and may people are trying to obtain it. It is one of the most difficult things to let go in life. It’s funny however, when I see wealthy people in India and abroad showing the sperm mentality. Nothing is ever enough. The first step I think would be to realise that it exists. Every time you are struggling for that promotion (SPERM!), every time you are fighting over a girl/guy (SPERM!), every time you rush into a train (SPERM!), every time you have to explain to your manager for coming late (SPERM!).

So in someway or the other you will see that 95% of you is because of social conditioning. For e.g. We are made to believe that only doctor’s can treat our illness, Only pain killers can cure headaches, Only English medium schools are good for our kids, Information in the news papers is the ultimate truth, so on and so forth. There is a huge difference between reality (truth) and perception (social conditioning).
The scarcity which exists today cannot be explained in material terms. As I said before nothing is enough when it comes to material world. In spiritual world, I am sure there is plenty for everyone. Just imagine that you have won biggest race in semi-formed state, in a fully formed state, unimaginable power holds.

We are born to enjoy every moment of life; that is the only truth. Now how this would be believed by a child who has just lost his parents in the bomb blast. Again, in material terms, I have no explanation. In spiritual world, the child has learned the biggest lesson of his life that he is here to love himself and that death is the only other reality then life. More often then not we miss the lessons we are meant to learn due to an event. This is purely due to social conditioning.
Yes, I am going too far to blame social conditioning because it is the culprit. Believe me in spite of knowing the culprit; it is difficult to get out of it. But as said before if I won the biggest race of life, I know I can do it and I will do it.

No comments: